Supply Chain Directive
As a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council RJC, we are committed to strictly adhering to the OECD Guidelines for Responsible Business Conduct and the RJC Code of Conduct with regard to the OECD Due Diligence Guidance on Responsible Sourcing of Gold and Diamonds.
We strive for a long-term and trusting cooperation with all our business partners and expect all our business partners to comply with these guidelines. Most of our long-term suppliers are also certified. This status is reviewed and updated on a regular basis via our risk management. New business relationships are handled strictly according to the KYC principle.
The following guidelines form the basis of all our business relationships and are regularly reviewed as part of our risk management.
- Respect for human rights in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organisation and the Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
- We only source diamonds that meet the strict requirements of the Kimberley Process. In addition, we ensure that we do not source gemstones and precious metals from conflict or high-risk areas and thus do not tolerate any direct or indirect support of non-state armed groups.
- We will not tolerate the use of forced labour, child labour, harassment and abuse in any way.
- We will not accept the use of torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment in any way.
- We expect strict compliance with the legal requirements regarding pay and working hours.
- We expect respect for freedom of association and expression.
- We expressly affirm that the role of public or private security forces is to protect workers, facilities, equipment and property in accordance with the rule of law and guaranteed human rights. We guarantee that we will not directly or indirectly support public or private security forces that violate the listed provisions.
- We expect our business partners to guarantee the health and safety of their employees in the workplace.
- We do not offer, promise or solicit bribes and we oppose any form of bribery or corruption. Nor do we engage in or tolerate money laundering or terrorist financing. There is a strict check of origin information with regard to accuracy and fraud.
- We expect our suppliers to comply with national laws and to respect and observe international regulations and recommendations of nongovernmental organisations (NGOs) in the field of environment and sustainability in the use of natural resources.
If violations of these guidelines are identified during the review of our supply chains, we reserve the right to terminate the business relationship with immediate effect.
A report on our risk assessments and due diligence systems is published annually on our website.
b+b Burkhardt + Bischoff GmbH + Co. KG
Executive Board, June 2023
< back to overview